Create Website Wealth
The Long Tail Traffic Secret
Long Tail Traffic will be the source of at least 75% of your traffic. It will be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when it's time to monetize your website.
When I built my first website, I didn't get the concept of using long tail keyword phrases and my traffic suffered. It took a while before I finally started getting it. If this is your struggle, think about this:
- An end user knows what they want when they search, and it's your job to deliver.
- Go after the long tail keywords in the beginning and don't give the "head" terms a second thought.
- The "head" terms will not be easy to win so don't even waste your time.
Using long tail keyword phrases, you won't get an enormous amount of traffic from any one page. The secret to becoming successful with the long tail keyword is you have many pages of content, optimized using the long tail.
- As an example, if you have 300 web pages optimized using long tail keyword phrases, you'll be getting targeted website traffic with a higher traffic conversion rate.
- This puts your site in the position to become a competitor for the top ten search ranking for that keyword.
Patience is the Key
- If you're ultimate plan is to build a profitable business website, don't lose your patience.
- Optimizing your content with long tail keyword phrases will take time and so will the traffic increase.
- It will take some time to see the traffic towards your website from the long tail, but it will happen.
- There's no reason to start buying website traffic, let the long tail keyword do the work for you.
So we don't sound completely selfish talking about long tail traffic, there is also an advantage to the end user while searching. They get the results they were looking for because you delivered the exact content of their web search.
Increasing the Long Tail Traffic
- Don't focus only on your home page. If you have a great homepage but the rest of your content is lacking, you may increase website traffic but it won't mean it's high conversion traffic.
- At least 75% of your web traffic conversion will be from long tail keyword phrases and incorporating them into your great content throughout your entire site.
- The majority of your traffic will come from the inner pages of your website. Create content on every page that all pages are optimized with long tail keyword phrases.
Create a Blog
- If your website has a blog, you must be consistent in updating the content. Subscribing to a blog can be compared to someone subscribing to a magazine. Why would you subscribe to something when you never know when it will be delivered.
- Deliver quality content on your blog that drives traffic back to your website.
Create Web Pages dedicated to your Products
- If you just have banner ads all over your site, you are not taking advantage of the opportunity to monetize website traffic.
- Create a page for each product or service that you offer.
- Optimizing those pages with long tail keyword phrases will result in the long tail traffic that leads to your goal of having a greater website traffic conversion.
Your Content should be of Value to Search Results
- Don't create a web page around a long tail keyword if it's no benefit to anyone for the sake of getting traffic for your website. Your content should benefit an end user based on their search query.
- Your content should be very detailed. If a reader landed on your page and only got half of what they are looking for, there won't be a conversion and they won't be back.
- Don't get so caught up in website traffic generation strategies and only use long tail keyword phrases to generate traffic if you aren't delivering quality content to the end user searching for those keywords. Put yourself in the shoes of the end user. If you are searching for free coupons and you are taken to a site that offers coupons at a price, it doesn't satisfy your needs and you'll move on the next site.
- Using keywords to only drive traffic is deceiving to the end user as well as the search engines. If you want to start making money with your website, deception will not get you there. The search engines will penalize you with their next algorithm update.
In summary, turn words into website traffic delivering quality, targeted content to your customers. That's the secret of having long tail traffic turn into conversion.
5 Steps to Build a Website
SEO Keyword Tools
How to Choose What Type of Website to Build
Your Keyword Search Strategy
Discover how Contributing to Free
Article Directories can become a PageRank Booster
How to Use The Google Keyword Search
↑ Grab this Headline Animator