Common Inbound Link Mistakes The Result of Frustration
Making inbound link mistakes are a result of frustration and impatience. Don't let it get to you, take a break if you need to. Making a mistake simply because you are frustrated, is just not worth it.
Out of frustration, it's easy to want to cheat and take shortcuts when you've been rejected by several sites for backlinks.
Resist the urge to use SEO practices that are not search engine friendly. It will only hurt you in the long run. You've spent way too much time and effort to become successful to have it all go up in smoke.
It only takes one of these inbound link mistakes to cost you dearly.
- Participating in Link Farms would be one of the biggest inbound link mistakes you can make. The whole theory behind these scams are that everyone posts links from their "link swapping web page" with every other member of the site and viola, everyone gets to be #1 in their niche on the search engine results page.
- Sounds like a great way to save some valuable time in the link building process doesn't it? Wrong.....Participating in these scams may save you some time now but may destroy your income potential later.
- If you've been a victim of a link farm scam, run as fast as you can. There's a good chance you could get banned by the search engines any minute and what good is a site if a search engine won't present it to a potential visitor?
- It may be almost impossible to get the bad backlinks removed from the low quality sites. If you're having trouble, use Google's disavow links tool.
Remember, Google has a service to deliver to it's customers. The fact that you have tried to manipulate the engines in a link farm will not work for long. This is why it's so important to get those links removed.
You can't force the webmaster to respond so you're only other option is to have them disavowed.
- If you've participated in link exchange sites, you'll notice you are inundated with requests from all types of sites wanting a link exchange. If the site requesting the reciprocal link is irrelevant to yours, don't exchange links.
- In the past few Google updates, finding and discounting irrelevant reciprocal links were part of the algorithm updates.
- Many websites have participated in link exchanges with only one intention, to achieve a better search ranking.
- Rumor is, Google has a patent in the pipeline that will deal with reciprocal links.
- Not only will the popularity of the sites being linked to be taken into account, but also how trustworthy a site is that you have linked to from your own website.
- For you, it means you could be punished by the engines by linking to a bad site.
- If you own more than one website and they are of no relation to each other, don't build links between them.
- For instance, if you have 3 websites on the same IP address and link between them, the search engines consider this backlink bombing and it will get you penalized by the engines.
Trust me, I get it. You're frustrated and putting in some extremely long days sitting and writing your content.
Don't let the frustration get to you because making inbound link mistakes will cost you dearly.
Focus on making your site content so good, others will find you and want to link to you.
What Is SEO
The Role of Inbound Links
More about Getting High Quality Inbound Site Links
SEO Keyword Tools
How Inbound Links and Traffic are Related
How to Improve PageRank
Discover how Contributing to Free
Article Directories can become a PageRank Booster
How to Achieve a Top Ten Search Ranking
Tips and Tricks
↑ Grab this Headline Animator